Friday, January 7, 2011

I guess this is how it has to be.

Well, we're out of school. I've been out of school from snow days so much, I've forgotten how to spell, count, etc. I know this is odd, but it seems to me that when a kid is out of school for a while, they really have a strong desire to learn something. So, here's my routine: Read the Bible, ask Dad for some of his "pearls of wisdom", have self respect for you and others, DON'T LIE, don't be prideful ("Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall"), listen to what other people have to say, stop thinking and talking only about yourself. As Harper Lee states in her book To kill a Mockingbird "I tried to jump in Jem's skin and walk around in it. . ." We should start realizing what other people are going through, not just our own circumstances. These are some of the things that I can learn in my quiet time, and be prepared when I go out in the world. This girl below on the left is one of my friends. I was so caught up in my own world that I didn't pay attention to what she said. We almost totally  became enemies, but I fell flat on my face just in time. I didn't realize how special she was to me until she was about to leave. I thank God for making me realize my faults, and pray that He will allow you to realize yours, too.

    God Bless,
         Alysa

No comments:

Post a Comment